Wells Branch was recently ranked as one of the Top 100 Places to live by Money magazine (Tammy was interviewed for this article and supplied the photo). Only 5 places in the entire state of Texas were included. If you are thinking of moving to Wells Branch, you can rest assured this neighborhood is an excellent choice.
Top 10 Reasons Why Wells Branch Rocks:
1. Amazing amenities: Extensive hike/bike trails, tennis courts, recreation center, 2 pools, multiple playgrounds, sand volleyball, disk golf course, soccer fields...there are just too many Wells Branch amenities to list! And they are all very clean and well-maintained, making an enjoyable outing for you and your family.
Hike/bike trail near Mills pond, home to ducks & turtles -- a great place to walk or bike around Wells Branch
2. Convenient location: Situated in North Austin between major roads I-35 & Mopac (see this link for location of main park) Wells Branch is convenient to just about anywhere you need to go. With loads of shopping and restaurants in all directions, it's a close-in and easy-access location. It is also close to the growing suburbs of Round Rock and Pflugerville.
3. Free community events: have you ever heard of a neighborhood that holds free adult casino parties? Sunday concerts in the park? a dog day activity event for man's best friend. There's always fun Wells Branch Events happening in this community.
4. Easy access to major employers: Dell, IBM, National Instruments, Samsung, Freescale, AMD and more. All of these employers are less than a 15 minute drive from Wells Branch. What could be better than a fast commute from home to work?
5. Spectacular 4th of July fireworks show: even though we already listed free community events, this one deserves it's own number on this list. Every year Wells Branch provides its residents with an awesome and free 4th of July fireworks show. Families bring their blankets, picnics, dogs, and gaze up at the sky waiting for a fantastic show that never disappoints. Move to Wells Branch for your own private show each year.
6. Great schools: Split between 2 school districts (Round Rock ISD and Pflugerville ISD) Wells Branch residents can rest assured that their kids will get a great education. Check here for the most recent 2011 - 2012 School ratings. Visit the "Wells Branch Helpful Links" page for more school info.
7. Friendly neighbors: You see it on TV, but in Wells Branch friendly neighbors are a reality. This is a truly close-knit community that knows their neighbors and looks out for one another. Check out this link to learn more about all the great people making up this cool neighborhood: Wells Branch demographics.
Always something fun to do in Wells Branch: tennis courts & sand volleyball!
8. Just 15 minutes to downtown: Living so close to the city center means it's easy to see a live music show, take your kids to the children's museum, or do anything else happening in the heart of the city.
9. Established neighborhood: The Wells Branch neighborhood was built beginning in 1982, so most homes were built in the 1980's and 1990's. That means the streets are lined with fully-grown trees providing ample shade when walking your baby or your dog (unlike brand-new subdivisions with no shade). It also gives the area character and history.
10. Affordable homes that appreciate well: Home prices are affordable for first-time home-buyers though they can rise up into higher price ranges in the more upscale neighborhoods. Wherever you choose to live in Wells Branch, you can be sure your home will appreciate well for all the reasons outlined above. This neighborhood is well-known in the real estate community as a popular and desirable place to live. As long as you maintain your home and keep it in good condition, it will hold up its market value and appreciate very well.
Mills Pond, location of the annual fishing tournament & favorite hang-out of the locals