Let our experienced mother/daughter real estate team sell your home for the highest possible price in the shortest period of time! It's a great time to sell: Seller's in Control of a Very Strong Market. The housing market has turned to favor Sellers for the first time since the 2008 economic crash. Tammy & Judy have over 35 years combined experience selling homes in Lakeway, Pflugerville, Tarrytown, Legend Oaks, Great Hills, Wells Branch, Milwood, Northwest Hills, Scofield Farms, Canyon Creek, Westover Hills, Brushy Creek, Round Rock, Leander, Cedar Park and the list goes on.
Want to know what your home is worth? We can provide a free, no-obligation market analysis of recent sales similar to your home. Just visit our Home Value Request page and fill out a simple form.
Thinking about listing now? Inventory is low and Buyer demand high, making it an ideal time to sell. See the graph showing 2008 - 2012 Austin home sales.. Thinking about For Sale By Owner? Don't miss our section below on For Sale by Owner (FSBO) sales.
How can we get you the highest price in the least amount of time?
- Your best interests drive all we do. Our full-service strategy ensures we put in the necessary working hours and spend the necessary amount on marketing expenses to get your home sold!
- Proven marketing plan: One of the most frequent complaints we hear from clients who had a bad experience with a Realtor is after their home was listed, they were abandoned. Your satisfaction is always our #1 priority and our proven top dollar marketing plan is completely centered on driving a maximum number of Buyers through your home with professional home staging, high quality virtual tour & pictures, home posted to dozens of top home-searching websites, social network promotion, premium Realtor.com promotion (most Agents don't pay extra for this exposure), card stock color flyers inside & out, and much more.
- Professional home staging gives your home a competitive advantage: Buyers pay more for a staged and move-in ready home. Our staged homes look better than their competition since we enlist a Certified Professional Home Stager & Redesigner. If you are being promised staging, make sure it's by a credentialed and proven professional (some Agents do it themselves or don't have a true expert). Our clients have received offers in only a few days or weeks!
- Frequent communication: You will hear from us on a frequent basis and we'll continually make recommendations on necessary changes in our marketing plan to get your home sold within your timeframe. We've had clients come to us after being frustrated with other Agents who did not respond to their calls and emails. This does not happen with us.
- Experience and knowledge necessary to effectively represent you. You likely know an Agent and possibly more than one. Many people "dabble" part time in real estate with few sales. Without consistent and varied transactions to build up experience, a part time Agent will not have the necessary in-depth knowledge you. Tammy and Judy are both licensed by the Texas Real Estate Commission (Tammy license #508212, Judy license #391490) with over 33 years of combined experience. If you're committed to selling, we're committed to doing whatever it takes to get your home sold!
We sell single family homes, lots, condominiums, townhomes, duplexes and other residential real estate in the Austin area.
Why should I pay commission to sell my house?
Recent statistics show less than 10% of sales were For Sale By Owner (FSBO); most Homeowners who try to sell their homes FSBO end up listing with an Agent. The number of FSBO sales has been steadily decreasing. An incredible amount of time, marketing, and required real estate expertise goes into selling a home. In fact, the founder of a popular FSBO site recently listed his home after 6 unsuccessful months of trying to sell on his own (home was successfully sold by his Agent with multiple offers).
The many benefits in having an expert sell your home:
1. More Money for Your Home: Although Homeowners who list FSBO expect to save money and increase their bottom line by paying less commission, the statistics show otherwise. In fact according to NAR's 2010 profile on sellers & buyers, deals involving agents netted $199,300 vs. non-agent assisted deals getting only $140,000. Most of your money will be gained or lost during sales price negotiations so hire an expert for maximum price.
2. Expert knowledge: we have the most up-to-date information on pricing your home and know about competing properties in your area. We also are aware of anything happening in the current local market that may impact your home value. For example, the Austin city council passed an ordinance requiring certain homes in the city of Austin to get an energy audit. We will know if your home needs it and all up to date information affecting you. Not being aware of important issues like this could delay and complicate your home sale.
3. Time savings: In today's busy world, who has any extra time? It is extremely time-consuming to try and sell your house on your own. You must be available to show the property whenever potential Buyers want to see it. You must educate yourself on real estate law, home inspections, mortgage appraisals, complex real estate contracts, and more. Is it possible to piece together the information necessary to get a home sold? Yes, but for most people, it makes more sense to hire an expert.
4. Top notch negotiation: there are many complex stages of negotiation in a real estate transaction from the sales price to the closing date to the inspection repairs. We have all the expertise and training you need to objectively evaluate offers received and give you the best advice. In addition, we know how to effectively work with Buyer's Agents to get the deal done while still serving your ultimate best interests.
5. Effective marketing & MLS database promotion: some FSBO sellers hire websites to post their home in MLS. These Agents you may never meet may not use the right MLS keywords to generate showings or miss promotion of important features of your home or neighborhood. Pictures may not highlight the home properly or be taken from the correct angles. We'll give you a proven and effective marketing plan from start to finish and make sure you home is sold for top dollar.
6. Pre-qualified Buyers: one of the biggest benefits to listing with us is that you won't waste your time showing your home to curious neighbors, people who cannot afford it, people with bad credit, or people who may have to sell their home first. When the home is listed, it will be shown only through a lockbox by Buyer's Agents (a much safer way as well) to pre-qualified Buyers. Please review this free questions to asking before showing report, one of the many reports you can find on the FREE reports page.
Every Seller who hires us wants the most money they can get for their home and that is always our shared goal. Keep in mind if you are reviewing limited service companies that charge a reduced commission, be sure you read all the fine print. Many of these Agents only put your house in the MLS database and a sign in your yard with little or no marketing.
Ask what happens if your house doesn't sell and needs more marketing to get it noticed? What if additional working hours are required if a serious problem comes up during your home’s inspection? Wouldn't you like to get feedback on all your showings, so you know what Buyers think and can make adjustments if necessary (follow-up on every single showing is always part of our marketing plan)?
What if I need to rent my home?
Horizon Realty is a dynamic and established real estate company made up of experienced-only Agents. You'll find some of the top Agents in Austin in this large office of over 90 top-producing Agents. If you are looking to lease your home, we'd be happy to refer you to a Horizon Realty Agent who specializes in leasing. We have Agents who work in all areas of the city and would be happy to get your home rented for top dollar.